Sorry to be away so long. We had quite the medical scare with my husband these past few months and he’s now home from the hospital and slowly recuperating.
I’ve been cooking all of our meals to make sure we are both fed well to get and keep us healthy. Today I’ll post 2 dessert recipes, both grain-, dairy-, and sugar-free and delicious.
Chocolate Brownie Cake – GAPS & Paleo Legal
Adapted by Elizabeth Roberts
2/3 cup almond flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder – I like it dark
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup honey
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper or coconut oil
3. In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
4. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry and, using a whisk, stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes. Depending on your oven it could be a bit longer or shorter. Don’t allow them to over cook or it will be dry and dense. Insert a toothpick into center and when just a little crumb remains, remove from oven and allow to cool.